10.5.09

OUT OF THE
CHAIR

WARNING: CONTAINS
PLOT SPOILERS


I'm not a sci-fi fan or a Trekkie at all.
I can take it or leave it.

This afternoon KB dragged me to Wimbledon
to see the new Star Trek film. I'm bloody glad
she did because it is absolutely brilliant!

This prequel which explains how it all came
about is funny, sad, there's plenty of action,
it's well acted and scripted so that even
non-Trekkies such as myself don't walk
out of the theatre going "er, what?"


The funniest bit of the film for me was when
Kirk, who is not supposed be onboard The
Enterprise in the first place, sits in
Captain Spock's place and without missing
a beat or even looking that way he says:
"Out of the chair" while walking past.

The only criticism I have is that Simon Pegg
(as Scotty) appears way too late in the film.
He's in it all of five minutes. But then with
a guaranteed profit of many millions
I'm sure a sequel is in the making.


No comments: